Job Title : Regional Director for Global Generosity - Midwestern USA
Company/Org Name : Operation Mobilization
Depends on experience
Category : Missions
Job Type : Full Time
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Career Level :
Minimum Experience : 3-5+ Years
Apply By :
Start Date : To be discussed
Expertise Required :
1. A committed Christian and in agreement with OM USA’s faith statements found on our website.
2. Passionate about OM’s mission to see vibrant communities of Jesus followers amongst the least reached, and its plan to reverse their trajectory through integrated missions including proclamation, wide sowing, and compassionate outreach.
3. BA/BS required - MBA and CFRE preferred
4. 5+ years of front-line experience in leadership gifts development in a large, nationwide setting, preferably as part of a nationally deployed team.
5. Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity. Experience in a multi-national federated organization with the ability to thrive.
6. Collaborating with others in a complex, matrix-structured, dynamic organizational environment. A track record of positioning affiliated entities as valued customers, and experience brokering between the needs of the affiliates and the interests of the donor.
7. $50 million + in total closed personally during her/his career.
8. Ability to engage CEO, senior managers and board members in donor visits, and to earn and maintain their confidence.
9. Successful experience closing complex six-figure commitments including planned gifts, campaign and endowment gifts.
10. Superior presentation skills, including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies including principal donors, Board members, national staff and leadership in the field.
11. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade.
12. The ability to ignite a passion and to create and communicate excitement about our mission.
13. Strong development-related technology skills including CRM use to plan moves and project future revenue.
* Salary commensurate with experience.
Operation Mobilization is looking for someone to fill our Midwestern USA Regional Director role with our Global Generosity team. We are looking for someone who wants to use their professional skills and has a desire to help OM with the vision of seeing vibrant communities of Jesus followers among the least reached.
We are looking for someone who is a world-class fundraiser and is a self-starter with a high level of energy, self-confidence and a positive "can-do" attitude mixed with humility. This person is an individual of unquestionable integrity whose professional and personal conduct reflects our values as a missions organization. This person is someone who contributes to a diverse workforce and enables the team to "represent the world we serve", while also being able to handle security sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality. This person should also have giftings as an artist, strategist and optimist.
We are looking for someone who lives in the Midwest Region of the US to apply for this position. This is a remote position, with travel required within the midwest region and occasional travel to our Atlanta-area home office.
1. Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing six-figure commitments from high net-worth individuals from your region.
2. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships in a defined territory.
3. Conduct 150 +/- face-to-face visits annually with approximately 1/3 for qualification and cultivation, 1/3 for solicitation and 1/3 for stewardship and renewal.
4. Meet or exceed multi-million-dollar annual revenue goals for Global Mission Fund, Capacity Building, Strategic Pillar priorities and strategic projects.
5. Strategically engage the CEO, Board members and senior leaders in the development process.
1. Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing commitments of $100,000 to 500,000 from high net-worth individuals.
2. Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships in a defined territory, and applying a moves management approach to the portfolio. Document planned moves for all relationships in portfolio.
3. Conduct 150 +/- face-to-face visits annually with approximately 1/3 for qualification and cultivation, 1/3 for solicitation, and 1/3 for stewardship and renewal.
4. Annually solicit, negotiate and close six figure gifts and multi-year commitments, and meet multi-million-dollar annual revenue goals.
5. Routinely engage the CEO, board members, organization executives and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and six figure closings.
6. Routinely network with Fortune 500 executives in major metropolitan areas, and interact with high-net worth individuals ($25M+ in net assets) for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving.
7. Work collaboratively with colleagues to analyze portfolios, strategize upgrades, and cultivate individual gifts from our donor database.
8. Establish strong mutually-beneficial relationships with SMEs and colleagues who deliver programs.
9. Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to “crack the code” of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors.
10. Successfully align partner interests with our strategy and convincingly articulate the unique giving opportunity.
11. Guide the development of compelling proposals and oversee the development of creative presentations and reports (all are produced by professional writers on your behalf).
12. Close complex gifts such as campaign and endowment gifts and planned gifts.
13. Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts using online tools provided by OM.
14. Effectively manage resources including travel and business expenses.
15. Works from home. Travels 75% of the time.
Do you have what we are looking for? You will have an opportunity to allow God to use your talents and skill-set to be part of a bigger movement in having a Kingdom impact among the least reached.
OM is, at its heart, a movement of God, made up of people who are completely sold out to Jesus Christ and His commands. Moved by the Holy Spirit, we cross boundaries, we push limits. We want OM to remain a movement of God, utterly dependent upon Him. We show our dependence through our commitment to His Word and by waiting upon Him in prayer.